The holiday season is upon us, and with it comes thank you notes! A hand-written card is always a thoughtful gesture, especially when someone has done something nice for you. Sending a snail mail note shows your appreciation in a way that can’t be expressed by hitting Send.
What is the etiquette for sending thank you notes? Here is a roundup of situations in which sending a thank you note is the socially correct thing to do, and within what period of time:
Gifts by type, and when they should be sent:
- Wedding (within three months)
- Hospital (as soon as recovered)
- Bridal, baby shower, or baptism (within a month)
- Birthday, holiday, congratulations, etc. received by mail (within a month)
Occasions by type:
- Job interview (within 24 hours!)
- Donations, recommendation letters
- When you were a houseguest or someone hosted a party in your honor
When in doubt, send a thank you note! It will always be appreciated.
G. Lalo stationery adds a touch of class to all your correspondence! For more information on G. Lalo cards and stationery including where to buy click here.